ER15RLY woofers or the SB Acoustics 5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found the SB15NRX to have a hollow quality in the mids. Even with cone doping it was never completely removed. I haven't heard the ER15RLY but have heard it's bigger brother the ER18NRX and based on that would be my preference. The SEAS would probably be easier to work into a crossover.

I have an ER15 MTM with the OW1 and really like the ER15. I am building a SB17 2-way soon and may have a comparison then. I have speakers with the Usher 8945P, Peerless 850439, Vifa PL18, and SS 8545 - I like the Seas almost as much as the Ushers and more than the others.

Thanks bradmop that is very good info and it says a lot. I really gravitate toward the underdog mini monitor hence the 5 inch but looking at the data the bigger brother looks at least as clean as the ER15. It really should build the new Mark K. design as it uses the DXT tweeter that interest me.

Also, I said I have heard the CA15RLY. That is actually a slight understatement as I own some commercial mini's with it :) -and love them. I really out to step up :)

I have an ER15 MTM with the OW1 and really like the ER15. I am building a SB17 2-way soon and may have a comparison then. I have speakers with the Usher 8945P, Peerless 850439, Vifa PL18, and SS 8545 - I like the Seas almost as much as the Ushers and more than the others.

So, you really like the Usher, better than all the others? What tweeter with the Ushers?

Could you say what it is about the sound of the ER15 speakers that falls short?

I use the Aurum Cantus AC-130 F1 version with dayton tweeter RS28A combo, using J. Bagby design, sounds good, minimal cost. This combo emulates Rodger LS3/5A design. You can find him, J. Bagby at Part express forum and he may still give you the design.

I am listening to them right now for the price I pay they are very hard to beat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.