anyone here work up a good crossover for new Beta 10CX?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks ZilchLab - so the following circuit with 10cx & 220HF is "it" (?) - in a Karlson the high frequency lobe is tilted up by baffle angle so hotness on axis can be a good thing - also I don't believe there's much baffle step compensation needed - if I can dig out a coax I'll try to wire one up - if it goes in a box then L2= like 2-3.5mH depending upon cabinet width (?) -oh did anyone try the little titanium Eminence compression driver?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...rs-copper-speaker-cabinet-11.html#post1903985

Last edited:
despite the two dips, APT50 sounds "good" on C12cx cast frame Eminence and its cousins with their funky ol' rectangular horn (that Eminence {and P_Audio} horn reminds me of EV's ancient CDP HF horn). I measured the two dips 8 or more years ago and IIRC (?), showed on every horn and on Karlson -tube.

High Efficiency Speaker Asylum: anyone see dips on APT50? by freddyi

I eq-ed Beta10cx's HF with a cap across a series pad resistor - probably not as good as your setup. EM's first Beta10cx and B102 had lackluster mids poked back into a Karlson-type coupler - first B102 made an ok fake Druid - -Qts spec on both went up when they introduced the improved surround.

-oh-- need to buy some of your xover boards - re:220 - if one wants to share between threaded coax and bolt-on QSC waveguide - is it best to get the bolt-on version? Ti205 came with a nice cast metal adaptor for thread-on.

have any affordable waveguide popped up suitable to do Econowave with 15" woofer? - DDS has a 24" waveguide but its too large for Gedde's style application with 15"

thanks for your time and help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.