Router Bits for Rabbet Joints

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Consider TS Dado

In my experience using a tablesaw (assuming you have one) with a quality stacked dado set (Freud, Forrest) and dado shim set is much more flexible and will get the job done faster. In the last year I have had "3/4 inch" plywood that ranged from 0.688 to 0.749 in thickness...the dado with shims will let you match within 0.005". If a router is your only choice, go with top quality bits (Freud, Whiteside)...don't skimp on the cutting edge. Good luck!

Kevin

Thank you gentleman, I will look into this. I don't have much in the way of wood working tools and I really don't want to build a work shop to build a box :)

I have a quality router however so I think I will try using it. I will likely get a router table as well. I have more items to buy like clamps and a table top drill press so I am in for a few items...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.