Noob 3-way project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all! Ok I'm new on the forum and I need a little help.

I would like to build a 3-way system. Something with one or two 8'' woofer, one 5'' or 6'' mid and a tweeter for a 100 W/rms amplifier. Now my budget is not unlimited but not fixed yet ;). I've searched for similar setup but didn't found anything. I would like to have some feedback on the idea, speaker and box suggestion and i'm very open to new idea!

If you have some good link or... please let me know

Thanks in advance

Alex

I'm interested in an approved design or a new design project. If somebody know a design similar to what I want I'll take it but a new project would be nice. I'm just not sure that a new design for a first project is a good idea. I dont know how to select a good woofer, mid and tweet that will fit in the same box!!! I dont understand half of the spec of a speaker!

Thanks

Alex

I'm interested in an approved design or a new design project.
Since you don't know what is going on with the xover/and-project you better make an approved design for DIY. The xover is the most important and difficult part of the project and all of them are different and take years to implement. There are many 2-way/3-way designs that are already being tested by others so you just have to join & follow.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.