Aiwa Woofers and Tweeters...what could i possibly do with these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
a Pair of Aiwa Woofers and Tweeters Removed from a Cheap Aiwa Speaker System....the Woofers are Video Shielded and have Odd Plastic Baskets....they are Awfully Airy,and sound Decent Full Range...the Tweeters are typical Cheap Cones....wonder how they would compare to a Equivilent Dome?

anybody got any Reccomendations for this?

Attachments

• AIWA1T.jpg
    AIWA1T.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 256
  • AIWA1W.jpg
    AIWA1W.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 221
  • AIWA2T2W.jpg
    AIWA2T2W.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 229
Put them in the loft or garage for some years then throw them away. Alternatively, save time and effort and throw them away right now. You've got no spec for them, they're cheap and they're not worth investing effort in.

Oh, you could give them to some kid to make a home-made boom-box, but be careful not to get taken for a paedo..

w

Do you have a measurement setup?

What do you want to do?

Put them in the loft or garage for some years then throw them away. Alternatively, save time and effort and throw them away right now. You've got no spec for them, they're cheap and they're not worth investing effort in.

Oh, you could give them to some kid to make a home-made boom-box, but be careful not to get taken for a paedo..

w

no need for the Negativity....they DONT sound Like Crap...and they DONT sound Cheap Either:rolleyes:

Based on some Sweeps id Put the Usable Range at 50 Hz-14 Khz

re:'Put them in the loft or garage for some years then throw them away' LOL, been there, done that, but don't be so quick to diss these, I have made a couple of OK sets of speakers from similar drivers - but you do need to test them to see whether to discard or not.... - cone tweeters - typically need to be used higher than domes, say 4KHz up, most have a fairly peaky response & fall off high, but there are some gems out there... (matsushita/panasonic are definitely worth the trouble to test...)

the name "Aiwa" comes from 'I a wish I threm away" aiwa was never going to work, aiwa sorry i ever bought these things. Not being rude, but suck, that is why their car audio side never made it. However, it is a project, so good luck. no hard feelings.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
the same ....highend.. here.. ;) didn´t get the time to measure their TSPs, but hopefully the coming month :rolleyes:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

disclaimer: pls dont blame me for reverse engineering..
the drivers where in 7L BR as i can remember.

PS: sorry the 830883/27tdfc guys waiting for conclusions about my project.
http:
//www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/126423-tweeter-advice-peerless-830883-a.html

no time to solder my tsp aparature as said... :/

Last edited:
the same ....highend.. here.. ;) didn´t get the time to measure their TSPs, but hopefully the coming month :rolleyes:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

disclaimer: pls dont blame me for reverse engineering..
the drivers where in 7L BR as i can remember.

PS: sorry the 830883/27tdfc guys waiting for conclusions about my project.
http:
//www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/126423-tweeter-advice-peerless-830883-a.html

no time to solder my tsp aparature as said... :/

hmmmm....Odd Pair of Woofers...where did those Come from?:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.