Jordan Mini Monitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am getting ready to build the Jordan Mini monitors as designed by Dr. Jim Griffin. I am unsure of the measurements of the enclosure. The write up i found said 12"x7.5"x 11.75". Are these inside or outside measurements? What is the volume desired? The port is listed as 1.5" diameter but I can't find how long it should be. I would appreciate your help. Howard

On my prototypes I'm using Parts Express #260-388 port tubes. I use the non-adjustable section only which is 4 5/16" long and 1 3/8" inside diameter. The dimensions you gave are external size with the 7.5" width value being critical. The internal volume can vary between 7-9 liters (0.25 cu. ft. -0.3 cu. ft).

<http://www.ejjordan.co.uk/diy/index.html>
is the DIY section of Jordan's site.

These are amazing speakers in my estimation. I was given a demo in the home of the designer and was flabbergasted at the sound which he was getting. Bandor units are similar and Doreen Bandor and the Jordan boss were at one time married to each other! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.