What are good 8" drivers for a 2-way?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why isnt there more 8" 2-way?
The answer is ugly power respons vs low xo point and distortion.
And what to do about it?
Use a tweeter in a waveguide who controll the off axis response.

The easiest solution?
Seas 27TBCD/GB-DXT THE ART OF SOUND PERFECTION BY SEAS - H1499-06 27TBCD/GB-DXT

and

Seas CA22RNY THE ART OF SOUND PERFECTION BY SEAS - H1471-08 CA22RNY

Look familiar ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Art Loudspeakers Art Emotion. Specializing in the design and manufacture of domestic two channel and home theater loudspeakers"

Very nice speaker too, they have been reviewed in the Hi>fi+ magazine many times.

Tinitus, It is a design option for me with a 22 liter cabinet to go sealed. I am not convinced but I really like some of the options that came out of this thread. I think the 27TBCD/GB-DXT could work for my needs as this "Home Gym" speaker will be listened to off axis more often than not. As you said though it looks like a 2k or so crossover for this with the impedance hump and most of the eights will start beaming by at the point.

Presumably the larger cone area will give a little bit more bass extension for the large area. I don't want to give away the midrange doing it though.

How in the world, with so many options, does one make a choice? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.