Bowers & Wilkins DM-3000 reco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone I'm looking for some replacement tweaters for my friends Bowers and Wilkins DM-3000 speakers.
I'm having a hard time finding much info on the set up, all I can say is that they are pretty high end, 4-way run by a Denon pre an power amp about 300w.

My friend is after as good or better quality tweeters and would also like them to gel with the original look, a bit hard as the original mids an tweeters are in a sort of round surround, I'll post a pic when I can work out how to import one. I thought I might be able to find one online but seems like B&W offer no info on older gear...

Any info appreciated.

e-bay usually turns out such a thing once in a while - people blow their woofers, then sell off the mids, tweeters and box seperately.

Cheers for the reply,
Have been looking about everywhere for actual B&W parts but haven't been lucky, I'm really keen to just find some good quality tweeters an put them in.
These speakers have been sitting at my mates place a couple of years not being used so gotta get a move on.

Can anyone suggest some tweeters that would be as good or better than the originals?
The specs are in the manual through the top link...
Here's a link to some more info and some pics

P.S. these aren't my mates actual speakers....

http://www.jerryvandevelde.nl/DM3000Brochure.pdf

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.