Scan-speak R2604 vs Vifa XT25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently noticed that Scan-Speak is now making a 1" ring radiator tweeter called the "Discovery R2604/8320".

It looks identical to my original XT25TG30 units from Vifa (Denmark).

Anyone familiar with the new driver, and are there any differences?

I was interested in obtaining another pair of XT25's, but the new ones are made in Asia (unfortunately, I fear the QC has degraded on these).

-Chas

The R2604/8320 is identical with the XT25.

The Danish Sound Technology (DST) company use to own Scan Speak, Vifa and Peerless, but was bought by Tymphany a few years ago.
Last Spring Scan Speak was bought by Scan Speaks(DST) danish management. After that the Danish made Vifa and Peerless products was renamed Scan Speak Discovery line, because Scan Speak was not allowed to use the Vifa brand anymore.

Vifa and Perless brand names are with the china based Tymphany company now.

The Scan Speak Discovery drivers are beeing further developed again,take the former DX25 it is the D2604/830000 it has got a distortion reducing cupper cap added to the polepiece and rearchamber damping is improved for higher consistency on several models.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.