Does this sound alright?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am quite new to building speakers and just wanted to check a few things out. I am not sure whether to build some (fullrange) floor standers. I thought about these drivers:
-Hivi TN28
-HiVi M5A
-IPL/GDN/300 (DRIVE UNIT SALE)

Now, I have chosen the two Hivi's because i have one each at the moment.
I have built a speaker with the two HiVi's listed above but also with a HiVi B3N for the mids. After building it, it seems to be "incomplete" sound wise, somehow seeming to lack bass, and has a small amount of harshness in the mids, the highs are ok though. I am not sure why; so i thought about building a new on. should i just rebuild the system i have now, hopefully better than i did or build a new one with different woofer and use the m5a as a mid?
Any response would be a great help,
Thanks

Hi jaycool1995

The M5a is a very good woofer. I have one in a 13L vented box with a Vifa D25AG35. No harshness at all. Clean and dynamic.

For bass, I use a subwoofer. This is powered separately with a 24dB electronic crossover.

Attachments

• BOOKSHELF.jpg
    BOOKSHELF.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 103
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.