eBay Disasters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
These actually remind me of a 4x10 car speaker that i tried to treat with a water based polyurethane when I was about 18. I figured it would impregnate better being water based and boy was I right. These prune drivers did have more forceful bass though they lost a lot of their efficiency. Crazy kids....

Ohh, that's heartbreaking.

At first glance, it looks like he reconed them with construction paper. But it appears the original neoflex cone might be under there.

I'm pretty sure they came with rubber surrounds (circa 1987). An expensive 95dB, low-Vas 7" midwoofer with a flat-wound voice coil when new. What a shame...

this is from the same person on ebay,very rare focal also:D,said... tested and work fine... it's cheap... only $9 ,who want to buy this?:D:no:

Attachments

• 14238653511253408800.jpg
    14238653511253408800.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 104
This is where ebay falls down with junk.

I bought what I thought was fully working gear only find when it arrived it didnt work at all. So fair enough I returned it and got a refund but it still cost me £13 to return it and I couldnt claim that back.

So I tend to be very wary of second hand gear on ebay. Some people just use ebay to get rid of gear old good enough for the skip.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.