I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
John will certainly understand.:D

Here's an amusing explanation for those too young or those trapped here in Texas, safely insulated from West Coast pop culture:

http://www.skepdic.com/est.html

Ah I think have have heard about est before.

"est bears little resemblance to Dianetics or Scientology, however. est is a hodgepodge of philosophical bits and pieces seemingly culled from the carcasses of existential philosophy, motivational psychology, Maxwell Maltz's Psycho-cybernetics, Zen Buddhism, Alan Watts, Freud, Abraham Maslow, L. Ron Hubbard, Hinduism, Dale Carnegie, Norman Vincent Peale, P. T. Barnum, and apparently anything else that Erhard's intuition told him would work in the burgeoning human potential market."

Haha I fail to see the distinction. So est is Scientology without the occult influence? Scientology seems like a bastardized form of Zen made from some old 1940s mistranslation. I think they called Zen "dhyana" back then.

Yeah, I have been in close proximity of some Scientologists when they were pushing their quack medicines on people - doctors and chiropractors to be specific. They were handing out these fake diplomas and giving speeches (I suspect that a couple of speech givers were plants) like they had just won an award. One of the common things said was basically "you can't deny it works, I mean why are so many people reporting great results?".

Last edited:
Ah I think have have heard about est before.

"est bears little resemblance to Dianetics or Scientology, however. est is a hodgepodge of philosophical bits and pieces seemingly culled from the carcasses of existential philosophy, motivational psychology, Maxwell Maltz's Psycho-cybernetics, Zen Buddhism, Alan Watts, Freud, Abraham Maslow, L. Ron Hubbard, Hinduism, Dale Carnegie, Norman Vincent Peale, P. T. Barnum, and apparently anything else that Erhard's intuition told him would work in the burgeoning human potential market."

Haha I fail to see the distinction. So est is Scientology without the occult influence? Scientology seems like a bastardized form of Zen made from some old 1940s mistranslation. I think they called Zen "dhyana" back then.

Yeah, I have been in close proximity of some Scientologists when they were pushing their quack medicines on people - doctors and chiropractors to be specific. They were handing out these fake diplomas and giving speeches (I suspect that a couple of speech givers were plants) like they had just won an award. One of the common things said was basically "you can't deny it works, I mean why are so many people reporting great results?".

What has this got to do with cables? :scratch2:

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
If the cables are but a few cm long, do they really matter?

Sure, you still have the connections ;)

Short speakers cables means longer interconnects :confused:

Well, maybe if you are listening to a bit nervous fullrange the cure could very well be long interconnects in combination with a passive "pre" or tubepre(phono?), you know, the nicely rolled off top :D

Status
Not open for further replies.