I don't believe cables make a difference, any input? - Page 1130 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 24th January 2010, 12:56 PM   #11291
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJinFLA View Post
What is your approach in your room (given the small, cone 'n dome, vertically on the face of a resonating box approach of your speakers) to address post source acoustics? Wires?

cheers,

AJ

Perhaps it would be better if you take a more careful "look" at my speaker's "resonating box approach".I am working on my room treatment though.If results are good I'll post some details.My speaker's "resonating box approach" however,seems to have made things a lot more easier for my room......for some reason.Do you think it might be their resonances?

Old 24th January 2010, 01:06 PM   #11292
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by auplater View Post
There it is
The sheer anxiety for Mr Jeff Nelson to pop up in these circles is almost unbearable.
2008 Phoney => www.moremusic.nl/prijslijsten/boulder.pdf

Old 24th January 2010, 01:13 PM   #11293
diyAudio Member

Quote:
We are all subject to it, not immune. However, some of us are aware and accept this fact, whereas others......

Btw, to address your earlier post (gone?)

AJ
Which post?

Old 24th January 2010, 01:25 PM   #11294
AJinFLA is offline AJinFLA  United States
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicos K View Post
Perhaps it would be better if you take a more careful "look" at my speaker's "resonating box approach".
I did
Click the image to open in full size.
You are posting on a speaker building forum and don't know what this means?
You don't know what a (reflex) port is for?

Quote:
I am working on my room treatment though.If results are good I'll post some details.
So you are going to measure, or will this be the grope around and "listen" thing?
Wouldn't it be better to solve the issue at the source, rather than apply bandaids? You have Toole's book and what has been found via listening tests about absorption and (killing) spaciousness?
Wires play no role in your passive countermeasures?

Quote:
My speaker's "resonating box approach" however,seems to have made things a lot more easier for my room......for some reason.Do you think it might be their resonances?
Having measured (and listened to) many box speakers with rear resonating ports in real rooms....Doubtful .

cheers,

AJ

Old 24th January 2010, 01:35 PM   #11295
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Having measured (and listened to) many box speakers with rear resonating ports in real rooms....Doubtful .

cheers,

AJ
Have you measured their cabinet panel resonances?What is your opinion on their influence on final sound?Would you treat your room with a badly resonant speaker?At least the one I'm using has kept these cabinet resonances to a minimum.As for your question about reflex ports......no,I don't know
About room treatment,I have the "luxury" to borrow some and try them.I will surely choose(if I choose) the ones which will make final sound better to my ears because after I finish,I will be listening to my system,not measuring it.......Good guess I hope my illusions are good once more.

Last edited by Panicos K; 24th January 2010 at 01:39 PM.

Old 24th January 2010, 01:50 PM   #11296
AJinFLA is offline AJinFLA  United States
Banned

Quote:
Have you measured their cabinet panel resonances?
As for your question about reflex ports......no,I don't know
When you figure out the latter, you will then understand it was not referencing the former.
So you don't use wires for acoustic issues?

Quote:
About room treatment,I have the "luxury" to borrow some and try them.I will surely choose(if I choose) the ones which will make final sound better to my ears because after I finish,I will be listening to my system,not measuring it.......Good guess I hope my illusions are good once more.
So you hope killing spaciousness and increasing non-linearity of the reverberant field will make final sound better to your ears.
As long as the treatments are expensive enough (not "cheap"), I'm guessing somehow, there will be an improvement. Good luck .
If not, the next leap in wires (price included) is just around the corner

Old 24th January 2010, 01:53 PM   #11297
diyAudio Member

That this topic got so explosive makes me speechless. I will not desturb you with my subjective findings any more. I will watch this tread and when i can contribute something that is resonable i may enter the discussion again. It got a one way road because the majority has already decided that cables of resonable contruction are good enough so what is the point to further elaborate ?

Old 24th January 2010, 01:57 PM   #11298
diyAudio Member

Quote:
When you figure out the latter, you will then understand it was not referencing the former.
So you don't use wires for acoustic issuees?

So you hope killing spaciousness and increasing non-linearity of the reverberant field will make final sound better to your ears.
As long as the treatments are expensive enough (not "cheap"), I'm guessing somehow, there will be an improvement. Good luck .
If not, the next leap in wires (price included) is just around the corner
I always choose wires for acoustic issues,but not for altering FR if this is what you mean

About room treatments,that is why I said about the "luxury" to try them first.Don't worry about prices either.I may have some more "luxuries" to deal with them too.DIY'ing is one of them,so,don't get me wrong

Last edited by Panicos K; 24th January 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Old 24th January 2010, 02:11 PM   #11299
diyAudio Member

Quote:

I do not have hopes for anything.My hearing tells me what I like to hear the same way as my taste tells me what I like to eat.I don't have any "references" that I follow.When I do things for pleasure,these things have to please me.Nothing more,nothing less.

Old 24th January 2010, 02:17 PM   #11300
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I know it wasn't,I was refering to the formerAren't those cabinet resonances part of the whole problem?

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!