I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speakers currently rock out with these puppies

SP1430-16TW

These guys have balls: asking $10/m for something that looks like the inner conductors from 16AWG power cord or worse. These will not impress your audiophile friends or even your mother. I have listened to 16AWG power cord though, and these sound absolutely nothing like. Most transparent, open speaker cables I've ever heard.

Their interconnects and, especially, low noise phono cable are equally nondescript and shockingly good.

Phono cable and interconnect
PA-2075
PA-02

There, some useful info for a change...

UL 1430-22 twisted makes a very nice and cheap interconnect too:)

I prefer BBC world news. Canceled my Sat.TV subscription to DWTV years ago.

For strictly news, nothing wrong w/BBC. In fact I'd say they are more complete then DW and seem just as neutral.

Dan
PMSL, you guys don't get how biased the BBC are as you live in another country. All news is biased, some is just more biased than others - think George Orwell & Animal Farm ;)

Can we get back to some kind of cable discussion please, pretty please with a cherry on top :D

PMSL, you guys don't get how biased the BBC are as you live in another country. All news is biased, some is just more biased than others - think George Orwell & Animal Farm ;)

Can we get back to some kind of cable discussion please, pretty please with a cherry on top :D

It's true, hard to know what's neutral when you don't know what the original was. Now it sounds like a cable conversation again.:D I figure neutral is somewhere between RT, CNN, NBC, Times, Post and Fox News. Hmmm, Maybe that's NPR. Circle of confusion anyone.

Should my electrons flow uphill or down?

Dan

We shouldn't shut this down until after the DBT IMHO of course.

Last edited:
We should have shut it down before it got started. Think of how much time has been wasted discussing cables here. Time that might otherwise have been spent doing, oh I don't know, maybe projects? Does anyone really give cables as much significance in real life as you do in this thread? If so, I feel prett GD sorry for you and suggest you step away from the keyboard and find something else to do. Go take a long look in a mirror and see if what's looking back is what you want it to be.

Rant hat off:
I think I'll go pet my speakers now.

The thing is that it's a continuum with cables at, perhaps, an extreme. But to me there are very few who are as analytical about sound as I am. I don't even believe amplifiers make enough difference to worry about. How many people believe that!

I'm with you on that one. My opinion on that became concrete at the recent Burning Amp. There were differences in output capability and the tubes certainly sounded different, but beyond that........

That said, I don't want to buy cables that break or sound unique.

Dan

When it comes to amps I seem to like high DFs and lots of headroom.
With speaker cables I like the stuff that conducts electricity with low resistance.
And with inter connects I like the ones with Neutrik XLRs on either end.

Of course there are practical things to consider. I see stuff in China all the time that is so inexpensive I can't believe it. But I've actually bought enough of that stuff to know that it breaks almost the first time you use it. Now an amp with a broken connector such that no signal gets through is very clearly audible!!! I'd even bet that a DBT would be succesful.

I am really into RC "stuff", like cars and planes and helicopters, that kind of stuff. Well never ever buy Chinese made, even though its a fraction of the price. Actually I should say Chinese designed, because its all made there. If its NOT a Japanese brand DO NOT buy it. It will not work right - that's guaranteed.

So functional quality is a very big concern, but once you get past that, well ...

Status
Not open for further replies.