Does a digital crossover with RCA (unbalanced) input/outputs exist? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2009, 04:50 PM   #11
doug20 is offline doug20  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie00boy View Post
It's just a matter of having the lead correctly wired for unbalanced use. Lots of people get it wrong.
I have all the different RCA to XLR designs you could imagine. Even custom DIYs with a ground wire out the RCA (for hum elimination). I have them all, purchased or built by experts so its nothing was wrong since I tested them all.

Of course, I didnt create the thread to discussion RCA to XLR issues. I simply want to findout if digital crossovers with RCA connections exist.
Old 23rd November 2009, 04:53 PM   #12
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Sorry for trying to help you from spending $$$$ on a unit when it's probably just a $ set of leads that's the problem.
Old 23rd November 2009, 04:58 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie00boy View Post
Sorry for trying to help you from spending $$$$ on a unit when it's probably just a $ set of leads that's the problem.
lol, you do release I own 3 DCXs already (2 in use) and I have about 10 XLR to RCA cables sitting around after I did extensive testing several years ago meaning there isn't a cable that can be wired different then what already I own.

Again, I do not need to discuss the DCX or any other pro audio DSP since I know all about them all.

Its simply a question of what Digital Crossovers have RCA (inputs/outputs).

I would like RCA to RCA connectivity in my NEW setup (the DCX setups are just fine). I can get it through modding my DCX (Paying for one) or I can ask online for an alternative.

Last edited by doug20; 23rd November 2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 23rd November 2009, 05:47 PM   #14
Glowbug is offline Glowbug  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug20 View Post
Rane has RCA?
Probably not, but 1/4" phone, maybe...
Old 23rd November 2009, 05:51 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panomaniac View Post
The DEQ-P9? Digital x-over with a few choices of freqs.

Bass : 63 Hz, 100 Hz, 160 Hz, 250 Hz
Treble: 4 kHz, 6.3 kHz, 10 kHz, 16 kHz
Level adjustment range: –12 dB — +12 dB (1 dB/1 step)

Not sure what the slopes are...
Mine was a JDM import, so not exactly the same as a DEQ-P9 but pretty similar. Mine does not have a removable faceplate but has pretty much the same internals AFAIK.

It does the job, but to my ears, even a stock DCX sounds nicer.
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:18 PM   #16
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

The Rane is all XLR and barrier strip, AFAIK. Ditto Ashely and Phonic.
There are some auto sound x-overs other than the Pioneer that have RCA in/out.

OT:
I know I'm going to mad you mad Doug , the the only way I've found to get decent balanced to unbalanced with the DCX is via transformers. XLR out to RCA via transformer. I've tried lots of other schemes and they just don't sound good.

Let us know if you find a decent digital x-over that comes with RCA. I'm sure a lot of folks would be glad to find one!
Old 23rd November 2009, 08:22 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panomaniac View Post
The Rane is all XLR and barrier strip, AFAIK. Ditto Ashely and Phonic.
There are some auto sound x-overs other than the Pioneer that have RCA in/out.

OT:
I know I'm going to mad you mad Doug , the the only way I've found to get decent balanced to unbalanced with the DCX is via transformers. XLR out to RCA via transformer. I've tried lots of other schemes and they just don't sound good.

Let us know if you find a decent digital x-over that comes with RCA. I'm sure a lot of folks would be glad to find one!
Hey, cool size tag

I have followed the DCX modding thread for a long time with that sort of discussion. Even sent out emails to get my DCX modded just so I can compare the differences. I have not compared so I have no opinion. Now if you could guide me along in getting some transformers, I would love to try them.

The only digital x-over that I have actually found are the HYPEX amps that have DSP (2-way crossovers), very cool stuff too. Almost bought two in the summer.

Last edited by doug20; 23rd November 2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:21 PM   #18
Glowbug is offline Glowbug  United States
diyAudio Member

Something like this?

Jensen Transformers PC-2XR ISO-MAX "Pro to Consumer" Balanced to Unbalanced Audio Converter
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:23 PM   #19
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Just PM me, I'll help. And I think you have my email. "Mardis"

EDIT: Glowbug posted while I was typing. You can buy the Jensen bare transformers and DIY for a lot less.
Or buy some Edcor just for a listen - cheap! Then go with better iron if you like it.

Last edited by Pano; 23rd November 2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:38 PM   #20
gooki is offline gooki  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

In talking about using car audio EQ, the Clarion DRZ9255/HXD2 is worth a look. 4 way active crossover, PEQ etc. Not cheap though (but you do get a cd player and tuner to boot).

Hide this!Advertise here!