Does a digital crossover with RCA (unbalanced) input/outputs exist?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just PM me, I'll help. And I think you have my email. "Mardis"

EDIT: Glowbug posted while I was typing. You can buy the Jensen bare transformers and DIY for a lot less.
Or buy some Edcor just for a listen - cheap! Then go with better iron if you like it.

Thanks,

Yes, I have email Mardis. He has been busy all summer and Im not in the position to do his mod right now.

back on topic, Thanks Gooki, I will check out that Clarion choice.

Ground Sound

look here for RCA option: http://www.groundsound.com/FAQ/RCA_DCN.jpg

RCA to XLR cable:

If you got a single-ended RCA / chinch output of your pre-amplifier you still have the possibility to exploit the performance of the balanced input of our digital crossovers. You could make an adaptor cable with RCA connector in one end of a microphone cable (2 conductors + shield) and a XLR connector at the other, especially if the cable is longer than 5m. I call this kind of cable “pseudo balanced”, because you still get the benefits of the balanced input without a real balanced output. To enhance the performance a bit more you could add a physical small resistor (value 100R) and fit it in the RCA connector. The resistor does the same as the output impedance of the pre-amplifier. The noise introduced on the cable will be balanced out at the input stage of the balanced input. Connect like this: RCA inner connector - red conductor – XLR pin 2 (hot), RCA shield – resistor (100R) or short – white conductor – XLR pin 3 (cold), RCA shield – wire shield – XLR pin 1 (neutral). RCA to XLR cable

Last edited:
Ground Sound

look here for RCA option: http://www.groundsound.com/FAQ/RCA_DCN.jpg

RCA to XLR cable:

If you got a single-ended RCA / chinch output of your pre-amplifier you still have the possibility to exploit the performance of the balanced input of our digital crossovers. You could make an adaptor cable with RCA connector in one end of a microphone cable (2 conductors + shield) and a XLR connector at the other, especially if the cable is longer than 5m. I call this kind of cable “pseudo balanced”, because you still get the benefits of the balanced input without a real balanced output. To enhance the performance a bit more you could add a physical small resistor (value 100R) and fit it in the RCA connector. The resistor does the same as the output impedance of the pre-amplifier. The noise introduced on the cable will be balanced out at the input stage of the balanced input. Connect like this: RCA inner connector - red conductor – XLR pin 2 (hot), RCA shield – resistor (100R) or short – white conductor – XLR pin 3 (cold), RCA shield – wire shield – XLR pin 1 (neutral). RCA to XLR cable

Thank you!! That kit looks interesting.

Going through the PDF its says "Box, power switch, connectors,
wires are not included in the kit."

Where can I find a box, power switch like the ones shown in the PDF?

Nevermind, I think I found the box and kit on your site.

Im shocked that no one in the US is doing this stuff, Hpex, these links are all over seas so the shipping and the exchange rate is killing me.

Last edited:
Thank you!! That kit looks interesting.

Absolutely, i have been drooling on these for a while myself.
(Setting up a large surround system consisting of a Technics SH-AC500D prosessor and sofar, 3 SE-A900s poweramps (trying too buy a 4th one now)
Aims for 5 amps powering 5 identical DIY active 2 way speakers and Hypex power for a number of 15" subs

these links are all over seas so the shipping and the exchange rate is killing me.

I have no problem imaging that, even if the exchange rate NOK too USD are very favourable and US prices are very low compared too Norwegian (just bougth Hella E code headlights for my car from a US dealer for just above a 1/4 of the Norwegian price)
but shipping are expensive, especially by air

doug20. I am a bit thick today ( everyday maybe ) but could you do a diagram of your solution with the 100R resistor. I don't find the picture or the explanation clear. I am trying to connect an unbalanced preamp to an Ashley crossover. I have adaptor sockets but your solution is probably more viable.
jamikl

Look at the attached file (bad paint drawing)

Both connectors are seen from the back side (solderside)

Grey= white lead with optional resistor (use the resistor if the cable are more than 12-15 feet long(

Red=red lead

Black= screen

Use standard microphone cable with one red, one white(or clear) lead + a screen

Attachments

• Uten navn.jpg
    Uten navn.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 379
Could anyone comment on that Seletronic I/O Board, please? I can not find any information on the internet about it besides the manufacturers webpage, but it also does contain very little information about the board.

Does it prevent the thumps when powering up DCX or when shutting it down? How's the sound quality? Any hiss? What op-amps are used? Is it easy to assemble?

Thanks in advance!

-Legis

Could anyone comment on that Seletronic I/O Board, please? I can not find any information on the internet about it besides the manufacturers webpage, but it also does contain very little information about the board.

Does it prevent the thumps when powering up DCX or when shutting it down? How's the sound quality? Any hiss? What op-amps are used? Is it easy to assemble?

Thanks in advance!

-Legis

I am clueless also.

But maybe your French is better than mine..

Pure-hifi , Le Magazine Hifi et Audiophile - BEHRINGER-DCX-2496

You can always use a couple $2 XLR to RCA plugs on the standard DCX Berhringer. It auto senses and adjusts for the level. I have one in my test bench, but went back to analog for my main system.

I have also seen some for high end auto installs. Just need an external 12V supply.

You can always use a couple $2 XLR to RCA plugs on the standard DCX Berhringer. It auto senses and adjusts for the level. I have one in my test bench, but went back to analog for my main system.

I have also seen some for high end auto installs. Just need an external 12V supply.

As noted on the very first page. We have done that, been there. We do it today with the DCX.

I just want a digital crossover with RCA connections.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.