Small HTIB System/Computer System Review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this Thread is on my Opinion about a Few Mini 2.1/5.1 systems ive owned in the Past.

First is the Regent HT-391
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

so far this is the best one i've owned...the sub is the best out of all the ones i've had..uses a 5 1/4 Paper Cone Woofer with a Vented Motor Structure..Pole vent was unexpected,Voice coil is 1" on an Aluminimum Former,30 Watt Rating Stamped on the Driver,4 Ohms,driver is unshielded.

Satatlite Drivers are 2.5" Paper Cone with a Paper Former,10 Watt Rating Stamped on Driver(s),6 Ohms.

the satalites are good as well,good midrange and good high frequency extension,stays Clear at High Volumes,the Rear Speakers are Unshielded,while the fronts and Center are shielded.

the sub however does distort if the bass is maxed out at high volumes...this is the amp clipping...overall its loud enough for most.

Next Comes the Durabrand HT-3917
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This system is not quite as good as the system above,the weakest link here is the sub...it has practically no extension below 80 Hz.

The woofer is 5 1/4" like the Previous system,the driver is lower in quality,no pole vent in this one...20 Watt Rating Stamped on the Driver,4 Ohms,Voice Coil is Basically the Same 1" on an Aluminimum Former.

The Satatlite Drivers are 2.5" 4 Ohm Unit with 10 Watt Ratings,paper Cone with a Foam surround,Paper Coil Former.

The Satatlites Also Sound Good...what applies to the previous system for the sats also applies here.

3Rd on the list is the Altec Lansing BX-1021.

another fairly good sounding system.

Subwoofer uses a3"or 4" Driver with a 1" Aluminum Former Voice Coil,Partially Shielded with a Bucking Magnet,15 watt Rating Stampe on the Back,4 Ohm.

Satatilites use a 2.5" Driver with a Paper Cone,Fully Shielded,6 Watt Rating Stamped on Driver,8 Ohms.

http://direct.asda.com/Durabrand-HT377-HCIN-DVD-Home-Theatre/000572491,default,pd.html

the first HTIB System i owne...bought it in October of 2005,its long gone...24 Bucks at Walmart

Subwoofer is typical,unmodified it has a huge hump around 80 Hz to make it seem as it is real bass,but it cant help it,small woofer in a Enclosure Tuned too high...i still enjoyed it

Woofer was a 15 Watt Paper Cone Unit with a 1" Aluminimum Former Voice Coil,Shielded with a Bucking Magnet,4 Ohms.

Satatilite Speakers used a 2 x 3 Paper Cone Driver with a Neodymium Motor,sats were Clear and clean sounding.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.