Red - finished 2 way project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After Black, a 3 way here is red, my latest project.

It is using an Audax AP210Z0 as medium-woofer and a Vifa XT25SC50-04 as tweeter...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for you appreciations!
I will try to post construction pictures soon...

Yes, the panels are non-parallel, 5 degrees for the front one, 3 for the back one and 20 for the top one...
It is a vented box with bracing inside.
I used some kind of primer and some layers of regular spray paint. A lot of layers actually, as I am not a great painter I had to fix a lot of mistake several times,. Almost a week of sanding, spraying...

As promised, here are a few construction pictures:

The developed idea using Sketchup:

The enclosures with their bracing:

The preparation of front panels using 30mm+25mm thick MDF boards:

The rough front panel curve made with a router:

Back-side view:

Front side view, after roughly sanding the front curve:

I don't have pictures of the tweeter head. It was made with a cheap Russian doll head...

Cool pics above but I was REALLY curious how you did the tweeter...very cool.

Even thoug you do not have pics could you explain how you did it?

Basically:
The Russian doll head had the same diameter as the tweeter. I made a piece out of MDF that was half a circle on the top and trapezoidal in the bottom. This piece has a circle opening for the tweeter. The doll's head is glued on its back.
The trapeze part fit into a groove on the top panel and sealed with some AB components.
It also has two holes for the wiring...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.