Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2009, 05:54 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default What happened to diyaudio_II

I didn't realize that Planet 10's contributions were so controvercial as to close the first thread. I thought a lot of good views were gathered in this thread. And so long as the Indian Feathers or the Pineapple look alike were not 'Enabled' I didn't think it was so controversial views that were voiced. So what was the reason ?

/Erling

Last edited by skorpion; 12th November 2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12th November 2009, 06:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The original version of this thread was likely closed for its inflammatory nature, and rightfully so. Launching further bouts of rhetoric serves no one. Let it be.
Old 12th November 2009, 06:12 PM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I doubt i had anything to do with it being closed (i actually was unaware it was), i just happened to make the last post before it was. After all, isn't one "cable thread" enuff

EnABL is certainlt a controversial topic. How could those little spots possibily make a significant difference on a loudspeaker? That was certainly my attitude when i 1st saw it. Sending off a set of drivers to get done was at the time as much a test to show that it didn't make significant differences. Expectations were that i'd be underwhelmed. The rest thou is history.

The subject of my last post in the earlier thread certainly needs discussion as i belive it opens up a hole new cans of worms, and requires a reexamining of many things in light of these results. I still need to wade thru the papaers proper, but the HiFI Critic overview is already food for thot.

For instance, the comment about the efforts required to fabricate a switchbox that didn't get in the way, may well have implications completely outside of any other problems with the validity of some blind tests that use a switch-box for comparison (ie probably most ABX tests)

dave
Old 12th November 2009, 06:23 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I don't think so. It was wery obvious that '45' from the very beginning was out on very thin ice. I think everyone was aware of that. As soon as he publishsed his first pictures this would have been clear..

We can of course talk to length over time alignment problems but as no more evidence was put forward, I can't see no reason why a more rigor treatment shouldn't have been put forward to '45' earlier, then.

Now a lot of wievs have got lost just by the moderator's decision. Is this what you want ?

/Erling
Old 12th November 2009, 06:28 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

...and just when I thought it was safe again to peek up out of the trenches.
Old 12th November 2009, 06:33 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi Planet10,

The mention of EnABL and the ensuing inevitable turmoil may have had to do with the demise of the previous thread. Although interesting, it was rather off-topic. Perhaps we could start a new EnABL thread to segregate such discussions, however unfortunately such discussions are likely fated to be less than cordial.
Old 12th November 2009, 06:46 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Well, if svejkovat don't think he has any mission any more, I think he may have. But it is his decision.

But I probably misunderstood, please peek out of the trenches and speak!

/Erling
Old 12th November 2009, 06:57 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Why should this thread interest us ?

Because how long we have devolved there still is nothing as the ideal loudspeaker. There will be many close. But still NONE to catch all the audience, that's why we continue to do our best here to progress.

/Erling
Old 12th November 2009, 07:02 PM   #9
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
I doubt i had anything to do with it being closed (i actually was unaware it was)

dave
I did it when two people kept up useless bickering after being requested not to, completely derailing any useful input. If it starts here, Hammer Time will include Sin Bin Time.
Old 12th November 2009, 07:23 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I think your explanation is very revealing !

You would absolutely have been aware of critisisms earllier in this thread regarding for instance 'Enable' patterns and Woodo I think. Why should you even have passed those without remark.

/Erling

Hide this!Advertise here!