Made some dust....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
.. for the first time in many months ! :D

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gradds55/OB-1.JPG

1.2m tall, 1.5" thick
Selenium D210TI on 6" wave guide
Beyma 6Mi80 (hi-efficiency mid)
2 x 15" Etone PA drivers.

if you look at the left one, you can see where I stuffed up and had to replace the section around the mid. forgot to check the router bit depth.. doh !!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

..." extra bass "... chuckle/snort! no, seriously they look great and maybe would make your ears bleed from a 1 watt amp? The Selenium and Beyma are still available?

1 what ??

I'll be using my PA amps because they all have graphic EQ built into their cabinets
So, that's a Mackie M-1400, a Tapco J800, and a Behringer A500.
I have a Behringer CX3400 to do the x-o work. Gunna be fun

I hope that is enough power for a small lounge room :eek: :spin:

The Beyma I got from in Sydney.. the Krix dealers iirc

The Selenium I got from a MAdisound sale, at $25US each, about $47 each, landed. iirc

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I think you are going to need some more grunt Andy, I hear you have a reallyy big lounge-room ( at least it would be if it wasn't full of projects ) I use the CX 3400 and it is adequate but a little noisy, are all the amp inputs balanced?

Jealous Ted

I think you are going to need some more grunt Andy, I hear you have a reallyy big lounge-room ( at least it would be if it wasn't full of projects ) I use the CX 3400 and it is adequate but a little noisy, are all the amp inputs balanced?

Jealous Ted

I'll be using the Tascam CD-401 (its output is down quite a bit cos its getting old :( so, yes, all connections up to the amps will be fully balanced.

Lounge room is a 'nice' size. and its not 'that' full of loudspeakers.. methinks someone was exaggerating :D:D

Hmmm...
Dual 15's, 6.5 mid and a horn tweeter. Now where have I seen that before? Wait, only the mid is OB. Never mind.

Cheers Andy. Glad to see you're back on the wagon. Mind you this thread is a month old already.

Hope all is well down under.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 200
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just another pair that sits in the basement I'm afraid. I seem to have a lot of those. :)

Hmmm.... If those are just sitting in the basement then whatever you are using to listen to audio on must be some a**-kicking units 'cause those look to be nicely though out and built - but then so was my 1st wife :headshot:

It might be interesting to just cut the baffles off and go OB with 'em after a bit of x'over tweaking :rolleyes:

some a**-kicking units

Yes, I have those too but these are just some throw togethers with leftover parts. Good for small parties.

Cal, I like the cut of your jib. ;)

Thank you John, I hope we get to meet one day. Were only about 4000 km apart you know. Practically neighbours.

Now, enough OT let's let Andy have his thread back here. Andy, you still with us? How's the progress?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.