passive line level BSC?x-overs? any pointers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my current loudspeaker project, has a passive power level x-over and no BSC as i intened to use the speakers within a foot or two of the wall(small apartment 5x4m square virtually makes a necessity).

basically, Do i need BSC? i dont think id need an awful lot, maybe 1 or 2dBs, but the narrow baffle i have in mind may make matters worse.ive calculated the loss to occur up to about 650Hz, as my baffle is 7 to 8" wide. Anyone have any links that could help?

also anyone have any links or advice that could help with replacing my passive speaker side xover with a line level one? particularly, as its 2nd oreder electrical, 3rd acoustic lowpass and 3rd elec, 4th acoustic high pass;with additional resistor to control the slope.

i understand how this works in the speaker side network, but am not 100% sure how to implement it in a line level passive network. though i suspect it is more similar than i imagine.

I'd like to add that the line level BSC also works very well with my Fostex active mini-monitor (PM0.4) when used with TV in the living room.

That mini-monitor is designed as a near-field monitor on the deck of mixer console. When used in my living room, with the larger space and further listening distance (than the original design target), the response is far too bright / bass shy. Then I made this simple RC circuit in front of the line level input of that active little speaker with a tiny board and integrated with the signal cable. It turned out very well and now sounds much more richer and fuller in tonal balance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.