New Custom Center completed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally finished my Custom Center Speaker, I call it My Klipsch Raritage!
It sounds awesome! I am sooo pleased. The only thing I have left to do is build a proper base for it to sit on and complete the grill. And as time goes on it should start to really sounding more awesome then it does now. Here is a pic for you all to see. I took pics through various construction phases but there are so many. If any one is interested in the complete build pics let me know and I can email them.

Right now I am listing to Opaline by Dishwalla DVD Audio Disc. It is so amazing the depth and detail this new center brings.

I am using 2-Klipsch KV1089 10" woofers, EV T35 horn tweeter, and a K52 midrange horn with the 90°x60° Tractrix® Horn. Crossover is a 3-way, 2nd order (12dB) crossover with a 3 octave spread between crossover points. Metallized polypropylene capacitors are used in critical midrange and tweeter signal paths. 18 gauge inductors are used to keep DC resistance to a minimum. crossover points are 700/5600.
The cabinet is 42"w x 13,5"h x 15"d. Also has 2 4" ports in the rear. Cabinet is made out of 3/4" oak plywood with complete internal bracing and wired with 12 gauge monster cable. Can't wait till she gets a little broken in but she sounds soo smooth now. I am very pleased with the results.

Scooter

Attachments

• mvc-040s.jpg
    mvc-040s.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 154
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.