Jamo sale at PE.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Parts express has Jamo drivers dirt cheap right now. At first it didn't click, but then I recognized the brand. Klipsch just bought them out. Not sure how long ago, but I'm wondering if the cheap Jamo drivers are old stock from the old brand or what.

I don't really even need a new set of speakers, but the drivers are so cheap, it just caught my interest.

Anyone have any information on them?

After reading more information on the Klipsch owned Jamo web site, the higher end speakers use seas and Scan Speak drivers.

The cheap drivers must be old stock from the old company, or just another brand that just happens to have the same name. Not sure why Klipsch would take over a company that used lower end drivers in the first place. Unless the two names just have absolutely nothing to do with each other. They do have the same spelling, font and logo?!?!?!

Jamo has made lots of very inexpensive speakers as well. Those sale drivers are obviously from some older models which are not on the Jamo website any more. At least some of them might be decent value, but I don't think they are anything special.

I think Klipsch has bought Jamo (in 2005) to gain a foothold in the European market. Jamo is one of the biggest loudspeaker manufacturers in Europe and they already had a product range perhaps better suited to European taste. A bit different brand may also help getting new customers in the US. It's all about making more money, not necessarily better speakers.

Iv'e just ordered a pair of the JAMO 20418 8" Treated Paper Cone Woofers to fit into a pair of old 35lt pioneer boxes someone chucked out. I'm not expecting too much but might be good bang4buck. Will attempt a simple 12db LR cross at around 2.5khz into a pair of the Tang Band 25-1719S 1" Ceramic Dome Tweeter that are on their way in the same order. Will keep this thread posted.........

col.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.