New Speakers for 2x15" bass guitar cabinet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New Speakers for 2x15" bass guitar cabinet.

Hello, I have a couple questions regarding bass cabinets. I have an empty Mesa/Boogie 2x15 cabinet and I'm trying to find an affordable burly pair of 8 ohm speakers for it. I play heavily distorted bass so I realize that I'm asking quite a bit out of them but I've used the same Hartke 350 watt head with a consistent eq curve (cutting the super lows) and I haven't had any problem blowing speakers. I hear good things about McCauley 6244s but someone said the suggeseted xover freq is way way too low and if I use them as my only speakers I will have apsolutely no mid/high. Is this true? Any advice? I'm looking for something that can take quite a bit of watts, at least 400 a piece. I basically don't want to have to worry about them. I know my gear is fine (no nasty DC current or weirdness) so as long as I have speakers that can deliver what I'm sending to them I'm happy. I'm not too worried in super bell like tone reproduction, just able to get the grind out, blower bass style. Ok, thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.