Anybody had experience with these drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am starting to build a pair of 10 or 12 inch powered subwoofers for my home theater, but I want to try to get great results using less expensive equipment. My last home sub used a 12 inch car audio sub made by Oz Audio, which, whether in a home or a car, is still hands-down the best sounding sub i have heard to date, especially when it comes to musicality.

I have two thoughts in mind. First, Madisound has drivers by Eclipse (not the Fujitsu Ten company) that run in the 50 to 60 dollar range for a 10 or a 12. Has anybody heard these and know if they can be musical enough for listening and theater, and also MCM has that line of paper and poly subs with rubber surround that I have used for others in the past, but mostly for car audio applications. Anybody had good or bad experiences with these in Home theater? They are pretty inexpensive, so I am sceptical about putting giving them the highly coveted role of bass in my, yes my, home theater.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.