help with 3 way sys choosing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built a spiral cabinet and two chambers for mid and tweeter units,
I do not know if to choose a -3- driver's from the same company,
or to choose from different companies.

My cabinet is a closed box.
(and i wish to get to Qtc around 0.5-0.6 so the air in side will by as Infinite Baffle (IB))

I narrowed down the options and came out with a few configuration:

1. SCAN SPEAK D2904/7100-03
    SCAN SPEAK 12MU 4731T00
    SEAS W21EX002 or SEAS W22EX001

2. Vifa DX25TG09-04 1"
    ETON 5-200/A8/25 HEX or MOREL SCM 634
    ETON 11-581 50 HEX

3. ETON 26HD1/A8 SYMPHONY
    SEAS EXCEL W14RC001-04 or SCAN SPEAK 12M/ 4631G00
    MOREL UW 1058 or SCAN SPEAK 26W 8867T00
:confused::confused::confused:

I hope that i did not made a mess

The vol of the two cab' is:
woofer has 40-50 liter
min has up to 15 liter

You don't need to buy from the same company... Never any need to; buy the best and the most suited ones.

But how exactly did you narrow this down to those drivers? I love the seas models, love the DX25TG, but what's your budget? With a high budget I would buy a better tweeter (SB Acoustics SB29RDC, XT25 or even a NeoCD3.0 if you're up for it)

But if I understand correctly, you allready have the cabinets? From a former speaker, or did you just make one, and wanted to add speaker-units to it later?

Best is, with a resonable budget, to make cabs around the speakers, instead of trying to find speaker-units that fit in cabs you allready have (allways a very bad idea to let a existing cab define you units/setup and all...). Or if you;re not good with woodworking, then let it be made by a carpenter or a store for diy-audio could hook you up with whatever you need.

I built the cab' but it is still in progress so i can change as needed.
my budget is about a 220-320 $ to a unit, so in total about 2000$.
The cab' designed to prevent a resonance waves and with a damping factor
as the wave goes.
I tried to paste a picture but i did not succeed.

I tried to paste a picture but i did not succeed.

Apparently, it worked in your previous attempt...

What a cabinet !
I would be interested to know how you made it...
Could you, please, develop that part?

About the drivers, I guess you already made some kind of simulation with your selection.
Did you ? How?
Then between the brands, it would be a matter of personal taste.
I would go with the Eton 11" for the bass section, it is a very good one.

Indeed nice speaker cabs, made from fiber I guess?

For bass I would go with the W22EX001, had experience with it nice bass in 50-80 liter, not to boomy and really good for allround music (And they just look nice!).

I would go for the option number one 1... When you have the budget, it would make an outrageous speaker...

Which color are they going to be, somethink funky? Black/White or are you going to try and veneer it (just kidding... :p)

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Inspired by the Nautilus no doubt :) I'm thinking that any estimates of volume are probably a bit arbitrary (would be hard to get an accurate figure).. probably best to choose something that is recommended over the range of volumes you have stated, you can always vary the effective volume somewhat with stuffing (increase it) or possibly reduce it by putting in some closed cell foam, to get the tuning right for the speaker you end up choosing.

Tony.

hi

I raelly need your help and opinion of these drivers
If you can broaden on that issue.

about the finishing of the cabinet, it can by any color i wish, in general
i thinking for black at crystal coating for finish.

about the cabinet, i can change the division as needed,
and add or remove or change position of any damping material.
i can design the wall material composition to improve acoustic qualities.
in general i can do a lot in the cabinet except of it shape. :spin:

hey Tulip,
nicely done.
that shape looks familiar to me
http://www.collier.be/

Why don't you shoot some more pics on it. I like to see it from the front too.

As far as the drivers concern.
The ScanSpeak 12MU is the best midrange I ever used in a diy project.
The R3004-602010 or D3004-602010 fits perfecty to the 12MU using a straight forward 12/12 filter.

For the bass, this depends on how your enclosure is designed. Are you using it as a closed, reflex or transmission line enclosure.

About the construction of the enclosure I was wondering how solid you made it. This type of enclosure can produce nasty vibrations if not made properly.

Regards,
Ed.

HPIM2212%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.