multimedia powered speakers... driver match?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, recently my computer speakers died. I paid over $400 for them and think I will sell the set I get as a replacement, then use the money to finance another sonosub project and also to build some power speakers and sub for my computer. The electronics of it will be Gainclones, with active xovers using Burr-Brown chips. The system will be 2.1, and should be very efficient for computer speakers- >90dB/W. As of now, I intend to use:

Dayton Pt2 Planar tweeter

and two Tang Band 4" midbass per satellite

AND

one Dayton 12" woofer for the sub.

The tweeter is more efficient than the woofer, so I will attenuate that, and crossover at about 3000Hz. The midbass will be allowed to roll off naturally to whatever they don't want to play. The sub will play everything 150Hz down, with a 24dB/octave xover.

Will these drivers match sonically? Will they sound good? Due to size limitations, 4" is as large a woofer as I can go, and I like the planar tweeter concept. But, if they won't go, they won't be built. What about the sub driver... is it ok? Maybe a 10"? Power per channel will probably be 30-40W.

Hmm... will the tweeter cause magnet interference? Does it have a magnet?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.