BSC and Active xover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So as I go through my design process for my speakers i'm really starting to consider using a active xover rather then go through all work of designing and refining a passive xover. I'm quite comfortable with using a active xover and PEQ from my years of car audio, so it's something I can use easily and get great results with. I'll most likely go with a Behringer DCX2496 so I can get the EQ, level control and so on as well.

But I've been wondering about Baffles Step Compensation, I found a few threads about placing your xover point around the baffle step point so that you use the combination of the two roll off's to form your xover roll off, but that will be higher then I had intended crossing over my drivers, so that idea doesn't inspire a whole lot of interest for me. The other option is to use the shelf filters I believe the DCX is capable of but I'd like to avoid that as well.

So my question is do you think it's worthwhile using a passive BSC circuit in combination with a Zobel network so the BSC works correctly, or should I just rely on the abilities of the DCX to do all my work?

Thanks

Luke

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.