high quality low profile center speaker needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My plasma TV sits on top of an entertainment center cabinet and I need to set the center channel speaker on the top of the cabinet as well. The actual plasma screen sits about 10" above the top of the enterainment center so limits the height of the center channel channel box to about 9" overall. Width would not be an issue. This would work out good for a sideways MTM but I think that lobing issues are not in favor of this type design. So I am thinking a 2 way 5" TM with would be better. My mains are TMM Vifa XT25/XG18 (older Zaph design). Searching for high quality options. Any advice appreciated.

I saw ZaphAudio ZD5 and thought about modifying the box and triming the flanges on the drivers to minimize the height. I know this will affect the response somewhat. But it does use the same tweet with a better Scan woofer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.