klh 317 needs reconstruction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all.i own a pair of 2-way sealed klh 317 speakers.Some years ago the, rubber surrounding of one of the woofers was damaged and i carefully replaced it.now the same thing happened to the other woofer as well, plus one tweeter stoped working.So i decided that i should buy 4 new drivers and maybe 2 crossovers and rebuild them using the cabinets.
So.The inside dimensions are 17x27.5x54(cm).the mounting holes around the woofer are on a 25cm diameter.I searched bmm-electronics for drivers using the simplest criteria: EBP near/lower than 50 and and Qtc as close to 0.707 and a price not higher than 120e.I found that the seas h1209 and the HiVi D10G would fit best.
I'm not expirienced so i need to ask if i have been thinking wisely :) i need feedback!
Now, i noticed that tha D10G has recomendation for vented enclosure.and probably, there are reasons that they say so...
Could anyone propose me any driver (bmm is shiping to greece and this is convinient) woofer or/and tweeter?
Do you think it worths changing the crossover? coz i start wondering how much this whole project is going to cost...
the tweeter says 8ohm and the klh woofer has a nominal impedence of arround 6.2ohm(the only thing i can measure :) ) if this is any helpful info.
thanks

(evidence for the death of a woofer!:p)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(on the right of the 2nd pic you can see my not-yet-finished sr71 from zaph.I have some questions for them but that's another story!)

The parameter you need to look at is Vas; your cabinets are 25L, the Vas of the HiVi driver is 117L - it will require a much larger cabinet.
I suggest you download Winisd, put in the parameters of proposed drivers, and see from there what drivers are suitable for your cabinets. It's easy to learn.
and yes, you will need a new crossover, the old one will not be suitable for the new drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.