GlenMonitor speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:whazzat: Hey guys ,wondering if anybody can tell me anything about these beautiful speakers I recently acquired. There are 3 separate units,and all cubed shaped. Also all 3 are a blonde colored solid wood. 2 of them are 10 inches and the third which is probably a subwoofer is 16 inches cubed. All of them have a black speaker cloth that snaps on or off. The two smaller ones have 1 set of banana plugs. The larger one has 4 sets of banana plugs. Other than a small emblem on all 3 that says GlenMonitor USA I have no idea what they are or even how to connect them. I'd appreciate any help, thanks, Joe Canyon.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Joe Canyon said:
The two smaller ones have 1 set of banana plugs. The larger one has 4 sets of banana plugs.

I'd guess that 2 of the 4 on the bass unit are input -- 1 for the bass driver (active intended?) and 1 for the mid/top XO. The other 2 would be outputs for the mid & tweeter. If they are arrayed vertically i'd also guess that the order i described them in would describe them from top-to-bottom.

Some careful testing (or a quick look by taking the woofer out) are called for.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.