where to buy sonotube?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been toying with doing a Pipes variation, as long as I'm already upsetting my wife with my new ESLs. Fitting 12' lengths of Sonotube in my Volkswagon is the main thing discouraging me at the moment. A telescoping version might be a solution to that and even give me a tuning parameter to play with.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about transporting them home, not installing them in my car!

I checked out Lowes, Home Depot, and just about every concrete contracter and supplier around... only one place had an ok deal. They would sell me 12ft of 16" pipe for $35, which is a good deal... but I only need 4ft... not 12... so what do I do with the rest?! Well... I guess I could make two of these, then have two sonosubs and a KSW-12 all hooked together... OMG... that would be insane.

Are you talking about those hollow cardboard tubes used to pour cement into for fence posts and stuff?

Home depot type stores usually charge an arm and a leg for those things.. Carpet chains receive their wares in similar tubes for protection during transport and most are more than happy to have you haul away some for their trash for them.. (for free)

Dont know if they are structurally as sturdy, but worth looking into.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.