2x10" woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got 2 10" woofers for $40AU off ebay recently and i'm thinking of throwing them in an enclosure together for a cheap bass bin. Is it possible to connect them in series or parrallel (which is best) and if so will they share the power output of the amp therefore be able to handle double the power. Also what kind of crossover should i use active or passive and is there an easy way to make a basic one DIY.

if they are 8 ohms and the amp can handle 4 ohms without getting hot connect them in parallel

if you dont know anyting about your amp or drivers connect them in series atleast nothing will blow

what size box you got? I'd recomend 3 cu. ft. or so. sealed

run them full range just to see how good they are in the mids.

cheap XO can be a PLLXO single cap in parallel with input of power amp driving bass bin

Is a PLLXO single cap just a type of capacitor i can get from my local electronics store (sorry i don't know much about all this yet) and what is the frequency cutoff for one of these. I haven't yet built an enclosure for them yet and since i don't know their specs i'll have to try a fairly generic size probably the size you've given me (is that the size for 2 in the one enclosure). And yeah i was gunna try them full range and maybe with a tweeter to see how they sound but i really wanted something for bass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.