Precision Devices 12" woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Inductor said:
You want to use a 50's Hz/Fs as a woofer? How, with a horn? I would give a try with the first speaker as a mid(/woofer) and/plus a sub(/woofer). It looks good on paper.

More for midwoofer duty. I use a subwoofer.

The interesst for the extended bandwidth is to be able to cross around 1800 hz to a small 1000hz tractrix horn coupled with a B&C DE25, to match dispersion.

Precision Devices seem to somehow add 1mm to the Xmax value for both the drivers you listed.

The one that is listed as 2.6mm (12MH25) may be nearer 1.6mm when measured by the method other manufacturers use.

This is a mid driver don't expect it to perform loud down to 60Hz.

AndrewT said:
Precision Devices seem to somehow add 1mm to the Xmax value for both the driver you listed.

The one that is listed as 2.6mm (12MH25) may be nearer 1.6mm when measured by the method other manufacturers use.

This is a mid driver don't expect it to perform loud down to 60Hz.

Hmm, I see. 1,6mm is a bit too low. What exacly happens when you run a driver out of xmax? Cant be as bad as running out of xmech...

How about the latter driver? Will it be able to go as high as 1,8 khz, and do it good? Kind of hard to tell without off axis measurements I assume?

There are a few drivers that can go w/high SPL at those freq. 97/100dB (10", 12") like Volt, Selenium, ask if you need help. A new (very) small driver that needs some testing is the Beyma 6P200Nd. Look also at Beyma SM108/95dB (10") and 8LW30/96dB (8"). Another member also mentioned the Precision PD.8BM20/92dB (8").

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.