Yamaha NS 15

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is a pair of these loudspeakers for sale in a local second hand store.

Does anybody know of this loudspeaker? It is a very old design and seems to be open baffle.

I can't seem to find any details on them on-line though so thought I would see if anyone on here could help.

some sort of on-line manual would be wonderful.

also how much do you think they would be worth, I'm unable to ascertain the quality of the drivers themselves as they have fixed front grills.

Thanks

onform.

Sorry when I said they seemed to be open baffle what I meant was there are large slots cut into the sides of the enclosure and large openings cut into the rear but they have grill cloth covering the openings so I would not be able to see the numbering on the baskets.. Sorry if I seem not to know what I'm talking about but thats because I don't...lol

Do you have some experience with these loudspeakers??

Hi,

Friend of mine bought a pair last year. Two-way speaker, actually works as open baffle with 10cm frame, very fine midrange, bass and highs, not something special. Very sensitive, over 90dB. power is about 15w. Due to aging, big styro-phoam membrane simply evaporate, so the black plastic surface makes some kind of wrinkles - air pockets. Allegedly, there are very rare and were made primarily for early electric organs/pianos.

As said, midrange is very fine, probably due to big surface and my friend is planning to modify i.e., change the tweeter and add a new sub.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.