Slowly collecting stuff to test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, there is a LOT to designing a loudspeaker system.

So far, no one has resonded to my initial post. It has to be easier to make friends with folks here if you get to know me, so I started a blog.

The main purpose of the blog is to let others see my mistakes as I learn over the next X years. Most of the sites I find don't show much more than the speakers themselves. I hope to show a lot more of the HOW and WHY as I learn these things myself.

Anyways, my writing is simplistic, similar to my thoughts. Hope it helps someone out there, and I hope to make some friends also.

http://audionewbie.blogspot.com/

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A nice approach you've got started. :)

Some free or almost free but very good software I would suggest:

Goldwave for recording and editing. Maybe just because I've used it for years, but I like it a lot.

For mesurements you've got some good stuff, but you should also try HOLMImpulse. You'll find it listed on this forum. Very easy to use, good results. Free. Most of us here like it a lot.

Looks like you got a great soundcard, now you just need a good mic. Best of luck on your quest.

Don't be put off by the stories you have about SoundEasy. It is not true that it preforms inconsistently. Do give yourself a few evenings to get it set up properly, though. Once you have it set up correctly it will keep working. And it is no less accurate and dependable than the proprietary softwares.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.