Another Peerless 830875 Execution - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2010, 11:19 AM   #11
swin1 is offline swin1  Australia
diyAudio Member

Anything positive to say there buddy?
Old 14th August 2010, 01:53 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Can you'll send to me the details of the project with crossover design? mail to: locki@yandex.ru thank you!
Old 14th August 2010, 03:09 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swin1 View Post
Anything positive to say there buddy?
lol...I think pico is an interior designer at heart...

They look great BTW...just one suggestion...I would paint the walls a light teal, it would complement the stands better...LOL....
Old 15th August 2010, 04:39 PM   #14
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

very cool mate!! i'm starting planning of a similar size speaker build, but active biamped (class A mosfet) and digitally crossed. so the cabinets would be deeper. I have the intention of adding a small sub with class D amp. I would be interested in your plans as well if thats cool. i'm in sponge mode. email to qusp (at) optusnet (dot) com (dot) au

thanks buddy

oh BTW if you could include suppliers if local and budget that would be awesome. my budget is flexible, between 2.5k and 3.5kUSD including the amps. I dont mind used and i'm not in a hurry, so will be going bowerbird over the next 12 months picking up parts as I can afford them

Last edited by qusp; 15th August 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 15th August 2010, 05:44 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by critofur View Post
Pictures as promised:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Beautiful! I really like the choice of stain color. Those bass drivers have a very professional look to them. Tasty stuff!
Old 30th September 2010, 06:05 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Madisound Crossover Design.

Can I ask you to clarify, did you use the Madisound Crossover Design Service (http://www.madisound.com/services/leap.php)

If so can I assume you were happy with the service? Do you have any feedback to offer.

Thanks
Old 4th October 2010, 05:19 AM   #17
swin1 is offline swin1  Australia
diyAudio Member

Musiccynic: Yes I used Madisound's service with LEAP, I am very happy with the service and have used in a few times in the past for my own builds and friends builds, they have all been very successful. I have confidence in the service when using more common drivers but have not used it with less common drivers on the madisound site (i.e. not Vifa, Peerless, Seas, Scanspeak etc.)

JR Freeman: Thanks man, I have them on proper stands now that I built, I will post updated pics on a separate website as I've built a couple things now worth publishing.

qusp: I recommend starting with these before adding a sub, you may be surprised how deep they go, I listen to a lot of deep electronic music such as drum and bass and blown away by the performance of these.

I'll forward the plans. Local suppliers unfortunately these drivers are hard to get at a good price locally, I would seriously consider buying all parts from madisound and paying postage. It's worth it now that they're site is setup for international quoting postage options, one of the best you'll get for Australia I think. Think about passive for the speakers, it will save you a lot of money.

Hide this!Advertise here!