Holey Brace Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is what I have come up with in the spirit of what suggestions and pictures I've seen here and trying to avoid symetricalness and even measurements. I'm not sure how much more needs to be removed from around the basket and magnet area if any. The holey brace is lined up with the basket frame.

Attachments

• cannonpics 174 (2).jpg
    cannonpics 174 (2).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 370
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Very nicely done indeed.

Some people advocate using bracing and support around the magnet itself, a tightly fitting hole, to take some of the strain away from the front baffle.
Haven't had the skill or patience to try it myself, from the picture you certainly appear to have the relevant skill and patience.
Good work

I don't want it to be permanent and it should be nice and snug up against the brace as I fit it and removed it a couple of times with the woofer not screwed fully tight to the baffle to get it just right. Another 1/4 turn on the screws will snug it to the brace and not distort the basket.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.