Illusion Audio info..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just recently noticed a sale at a local driver store and the sale read that I could get some Illusion Audio drivers for under fifty bucks....NICE! So, I've been doing some research like the reviews the drivers got but, can't find the frequency response of any of the drivers. Can't get an idea at what the drivers will do by adding a cap here or an inductor there. So, does any one know a URL or, have a sheet with this info? Ohyeah, the drivers I'm interested in are the LM-5 (508), LM-8 (804), and the T25AN. Thank you very much!

Wow! How's the sound, mounting, any cabinet in behind the driver?

Also, I took a look at the illusion audio site before I posted, I wanted response of the drivers so I can create a crossover for the drivers in the doors and tweeters, I'd hate to assume, that would be like designing a speaker and box then, buying a prebuilt x-over.

One more, what should I say when someone says, "Peerless, Morel, Audax, Illusion Audio? Who are they? I'll get a real brand name like Pioneer instead."
I usually say, "These drivers are not made in China, they don't have to pay as much as Pioneer or Alpine for marketing so, you get more quality for less price. Hey, Michael Jackson has Illusion Audio!"

Bose(o) said:
Wow! How's the sound, mounting, any cabinet in behind the driver?

Also, I took a look at the illusion audio site before I posted, I wanted response of the drivers so I can create a crossover for the drivers in the doors and tweeters, I'd hate to assume, that would be like designing a speaker and box then, buying a prebuilt x-over.

One more, what should I say when someone says, "Peerless, Morel, Audax, Illusion Audio? Who are they? I'll get a real brand name like Pioneer instead."
I usually say, "These drivers are not made in China, they don't have to pay as much as Pioneer or Alpine for marketing so, you get more quality for less price. Hey, Michael Jackson has Illusion Audio!"

The sound is awesome :) I couldn't be happier. I have them running from 20hz to 2000hz. The lower bass slam isn't there, but the lower notes can clearly be heard (down to around 30hz). Once I get back to install my sub, the ND8's will play from 63hz to 2000hz. I sealed the door in the manner you see on the page so that the door itself becomes an enclosure of sorts.

I haven't found response graphs anywhere. I might make a suggestion though... send your drivers to madisound for them to test and design a crossover for you. They did it for me, as you can see on the last page of my www site.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.