Programmable digital crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't built anything in 4 years, but have started on a new project.

I was hoping that I could save a little time here and get brought up to date on the latest in programmable digital crossovers.

Please tell me there is finally a decent replacement for the Behringer dcx2496 that doesn't cost a grand.

I remember that D2 audio had some really hot products; programmable digital crossover modules/amps that were very small, but were not available to DIY.

In the last 4 years has anyone come up with a decent, programmable, free standing digital crossover that is less than $500?

Any and all responses welcome.

Regards, Jason
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Please tell me there is finally a decent replacement for the Behringer dcx2496 that doesn't cost a grand.

If you consider the DBX products as upgrades to the DCX2496, they are under $1K. Maybe on ebay some DBXs are under $500 but DCX2496 still rules the sub $500 category.

IMO, its damn good for $300, heck add a $400 tweak and I see zero problems.

Hypex has a new product, the AS2.100, an active monitor solution, including DSP crossover and active amplification. They sell for 250 Euro each, you'll need two for a fully active 2-channel system. There is a thread about this product here.

Digmoda makes similar products using ICEPower amplifier modules, but I think the price is quite high.

Thank you to everyone who took time to respond.

Dcibel, this is exactly what I was looking for. It appears there is a reason the force drew me back to the dark side.

I've had an idea for a cardioid loudspeaker kicking around in my head for some time now, and it's time to build it.

We will sell no crossover before it's time. Going green.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.