Mini slim tour help for good drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok i found a french article about baffle step and baffle diffraction.

This phenomenon explain some problem i have with my speakers ! Build a good loudspeaker become a serious challenge.

Now i understand the shape of some hi-fi loudspeaker...

If i understand, in my case the baffle step phenomenon is a necessity. The bass frequency must grow like a sphere. The enclosure deepness is adjusted to the overall bass driver diameter so probably all the woofer spectrum domain will be affected.

So -6db here... I can do ~82db loudspeaker. With low power handle drivers i'll be unable to reach good sound pressure.

hmm.. i think i'm confused. I use 92 db loudspeaker now.

82db is 50% less loud to ear or 6 times the power for same level.

I don,t know what is the power handling of Veravox. I'ts realist to predict 50 watt amplifier will do the job if i cut the Veravox to 200hz. I will get just enough sound pressure for good listening but bot loud at all.

Ok i call the Solen guy !

Good news. It confirm the effect of baffle stop but in the good way. If i cut the woofer low enough, the baffle step is not a problem at all. Bass is not directional. he said i can trust the Silver Flûte graph and efficiency.

He will calculate the volume ratio and draw a simple crossover for me.

Looking good for 88-89db speaker here.

Test !

Hello to all !

I finaly build stand enclosure with minimonitor on it and the sound is verry good !

I have a little glitch like sound resonation on a little range of mid.

I don't put any damping material at all in the stand (who just make bass under 200hz) Can it be the problem ?

Thanks !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.