speaker crossover problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
i have a pair of speakers that have a faulty crossover (drive unit swapping was done to realise a crossover fault). When connected to the bad crossover, the tweeter is at a very low volume level.
On the crossover there is a potentiometer which i think is the problem but there is also 1 cap and 1 resistor, see list below;
COLVERN 11/135/2531 10RK 1907 POTENTIOMETER
2.7UF 160V 10% CAP
ERG 74 EV 3R3 5% 7842 RESISTOR
My questions are, is it likely to be the pot? Or should i just replace all 3 components? If i can't find exact replacements, what alternatives can i get away with?
Your help is always appreciated - thank you.

what Tinitus said, pots in crossovers don't get used much and the active surface oxidises; open it up and clean, get the balance you like and then measure both sides of the pot and replace with fixed resistors.

to test, measure ohms from the centre tap to one side, and then to the other (it'll be be in the region of ~1-50 ohms)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.