atkinson transmission line

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In response to you query why build it, i guess i am old fashioned i like transmission lines in particular the complex carpentry involved. I originally built a pair of hi-fi answers back in the seventies and enjoyed the project but unfortunately had to part with the speakers over 10 years ago (marriage settlement she refused to let me have them they were that good).This is why i built them again. I also do not have the time available to go through the process of matching speakers and the designing new crossovers. Thank you very much for the info you sent but when i tried to read the text and dimensions they were difficult to read.Any suggestions.

planet10 said:

That is the midrange enclosure

dave

In the first picture, it looked like it was open just behind the woofer, which I really thought was very odd, but I see from the pdf's that were posted, that it isn't. At least , I sure hope it isn't. :xeye:

Either way, it seems pretty odd to have a mid enclosure that blocks half the bass TL !!! :cannotbe:

Dave Thank you for the PDF files they are great. Would you have any ideas where i could obtain crossover details ?. I have a spare pair of B139 drivers plus a couple of celestion HF1300 mid range drivers, the rest i will obtain from ebay and ship to australia. I did this with the speakers i have just completed and it was not expensive if you know the tricks on how to ship.

Tony

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is an enhanced exert from someone elses scan that i had... everything can be made out.

dave

PS: you don't want to be leaving your email out in plain site... the spambots will get you (i deleted your 2 posts to save you from that)

Attachments

• atkinsonxo.gif
    atkinsonxo.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 377
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.