Amp for Celestion Ditton 66 & 88??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amp for Celestion Ditton 66 & 88??

Hi audio enthusiast :)

I have just bought a pair of Celestion Ditton 66 and 88. They are all second hand. I don't know which amp should be best for them - solid or tube? I'm thinking about DIY an Amp but don't know where to begin with. Please advise.

I have a pair of 88's and must say that any amplifier I've used seems to work well. I've used the largest Carver, a tfm75, a 200 watt Macintosh and a newer Emotiva XP2a and the 88's sound great with any of them. From what I've read the 88's are a nominal 8 ohms from 20 to 20000 hz supposedly never dipping below 6 ohms plus they're quite efficent at 90db. At any rate I've had no problems with any amplification I've used. Haven't tried tubes yet (still going over my Eico HF81) but I would venture to say that they would sound amazing with any decent tube amplifier.

Attachments

• IM000226.JPG
    IM000226.JPG
    800.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IM000219.JPG
    IM000219.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 72
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.