Audax Aerogel cone technology?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
By most accounts some of the Audax Aerogel drivers were some of the best drivers made but they are disappearing and almost gone. I can only find the HM170Z18 still available. Has anyone heard any news about this technology being resurrected? Wasn't Audax taken over by another company? I forget the details.

JoshuaTechnomage said:
By most accounts some of the Audax Aerogel drivers were some of the best drivers made but they are disappearing and almost gone. I can only find the HM170Z18 still available. Has anyone heard any news about this technology being resurrected? Wasn't Audax taken over by another company? I forget the details.

Audax were taken over by Harman International as far as I know and with it went Audax's distribution to the public domain. I think they still supply units to manufacturers though.

As to their sound quality, they do sound excellent. I use the HM130ZOs as mid drivers and couldn't really be happier. I had used the HM100Z0s too, which were also great, however as the units were drying up, the two that I got were from very different batches and as a result measured quite differently.

They sound very clean, crisp and dynamic/lively, at least to my ears, something I'm sure is partially governed by the healthy 92dB sensitivity the 130ZOs carry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.