Focal Audiom 6W box size etc....Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
New to the site here. I have had a search around, but cant seem to find much on the 6Ws, I am going to be running them with Audiom TLR Tweeters and Utopia 27WX as Midbass, and maybe 38WX's as well.

I understand they are not a favourite....But I'm happy to muck around untill they work for me

Is any running Focal Audiom 6W drivers?

What Box Size and Freq range are you running them in?

I believe there is a 6W and 6WM....is the 6W with rubber surround, and the 6WM with fabric surround? How do they differ?

Has anyone got some X/Overs that would be the go?

Any help would be fantastic!

:)

stickinsect said:
May not be much help,but I use the Audiom 7k2 midrange in a 19 litre enclosure crossover points at 225 and 2200.I might have the specs for both drivers somewhere I will try to extricate them and compare.

That would be fantastic if you could find it.
I have a T/S chart for the 6WM....But I'm concerned they will be totally different to the 6W speakers I have.

What else are you running with them?

In German Hobby HiFi issue #5 for 2003 there was published their 3 way project Triga with 6W, 10W6411 and TC90TD5B Focal drivers:

http://www.lautsprechershop.de/hifi/index.htm?/hifi/triga.htm

6W has its own separate box with inner dimensions 452*252*132 mm, which gives volume 15 liters. The box was rather heavily damped with 300 g of polyester-based damping material.

6W Xover was combination of electrical 2 order at 250 Hz with Zobel and 1 order electrical at 2500 Hz, respectively.

Hope it may be of any help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.