Grimm Audio LS1 ... an SL-approved *box* monitor ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone heard of this one?

http://www.grimmaudio.com/ls1grimm.htm

A sensibly designed loudspeaker
On the exhibit floor of the 129th AES Convention in Munich I saw a loudspeaker that impressed my by the logic with which it was designed, the GRIMM AUDIO LS1. I could not listen to it closely because the surrounding noise level was far too high, but what I saw and heard from the exhibitors convinced me that the LS1 is a remarkable loudspeaker design. The wide baffle yields a forward pointing and smooth polar response over a very wide frequency range with a low transition frequency region to omni-directional behavior. The inside of the box and the panels appeared to be properly designed. The speaker is active and uses intelligently applied DSP for response correction. A subwoofer can be correctly integrated if needed. One can only hope that the LS1 breaks bad habits in recording studio and home. -SL

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've heard this monitor twice. Last time was about a week ago and this version is the one which will be taken into production.
All I can say is that this is one of the best monitors I've ever heard. It is fast as the speed of light and musical at the same time. Transients are fired at you like missiles and the stereoimage is just breathtaking. Everything is just there at the moments it should be there.

By the way, both the tweeter and low/mid driver are different in the latest version

Last edited:
I've heard this monitor twice. Last time was about a week ago and this version is the one which will be taken into production.
All I can say is that this is one of the best monitors I've ever heard. It is fast as the speed of light and musical at the same time. Transients are fired at you like missiles and the stereoimage is just breathtaking. Everything is just there at the moments it should be there.

By the way, both the tweeter and low/mid driver are different in the latest version

rhodes54 is right! I even quoted him on my website: Information about Little Major Audio Mastering

look under "Gear"

Cheers
Philip
Little Major Mastering

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.