Cant find capacitor values - help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am kind of knew building speaker xovers, so i am currently searching for the parts i need to make the Proac 2.5 clones.

In the crossover design it has a capacitor of 3.4uF and another of 7.0uF that i cant find....
Does it have to be exactly the same value, or will i just use a 3.3 instead of the 3.4 and a 6.8 for the 7.0 ?

I think not or the designer would not place those values, right?

So...what should i do ? Can i just put the 3.3uF in parallel with a 0.1uF in order to have 3.4 uF ??? Will this degrade the sound ?

Tx a lot guys...

F.T.SA

I am also in the process of building a proac 2.5 clone and am using the XO published by Troels Gravesen. He has a very simple XO that uses fewer parts than the one by Al M.

Since this is my first DIY project , I wanted to keep it plain and simple. I ordered the XO and had them delivered to me assembled from madisound. The total cost was abt $120.

But if you just want to use the old version, then yes, 3.3 and .1 in parallel will give you 3.4 :)

Cacophonix

PS: Cutting MDF to the right measurement is such a pain. I pretty much screwed up the 8x4 sheet and will be buying another sheet. This time I HAVE to follow the rule - Measure twice, cut once!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.