can someone identify these morel tweeters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
purely curiosity sake really, as I will be using these tweeters anyway.

have had them for many years now, and for the life of me I cannot remember what they are.

there are NO markings on the tweeter at all, apart from 'plus and minus'.

100_5988.jpg

100_5989.jpg

100_5991.jpg

to be used in my build over here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127653&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

I wonder...

someone posted a morel catalog once, and even in there I couldn't find it. The biggest difference between mine and any I've seen is the depth of the driver, and as you say even in this example mine seems a lot deeper that the pic shown. I must have had that depth thing in the back of my mind when I took the photo, that's why I included the match box.

An unspoken assumption there,,,are match box sizes the same between countries??:D

The tweeter I have is rather sensitive, I do recall that from my measurements. will browse a bit more in the link you gace, maybe even do a comparative frequency sweep to see if that helps nail it down.

as I say, a bit academic as I am using it anyway but it would be good to nail it down just for 'reference' sake.

BTW, the back bit is not plastic (if that is important), I just assumed it was a shield, yet it is quite magnetic

EDIT had a quick browse thru your link, it certainly seems quite close doesn't it. Wonder why it has a deeper profile??

thanks for your help, unless something more definitive comes up it does look like it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.