Flatter than flat. PHL 10" and Beyma 1,4"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Lindell said:
I have 15 years of experience being a recording engineer so I know my freq's 'n' Q's...

I'm sure! And it comes in very handy. I still think of where would I reach over on the console and what would I tweak on the input strip to fix problems. But after so many years away from it, that's fading..... =(

Didn't know the crossover came with a basic free software. That's nice. With 16 biquads per channel, you can do a lot. Some of the DDX class-d controller chips have 10 biqauds per channel, so one might be able to get results like this straight out of the amp. Fun!

German test of the PHL 3002.

Genelec uses an OEM version of this woofer for the S360.

Attachments

• kt_test_phl_3002.jpg
    kt_test_phl_3002.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 531
  • genelec-s360-woofer2.jpg
    genelec-s360-woofer2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 545
  • genelec-s360-vornrechts1.jpg
    genelec-s360-vornrechts1.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
The low end of the 3002 is practically unrivalled, considering it's basically a PA woofer.
The sensitivity of (only) 91 dB is indicative of subwoofer characteristics.

Depending on the shape, size and treatment of the room, the extension in the low-end may be too much, as illustrated by the quote from a review of the S360.

For those who'd like to clone Lindell's 2-way, but 'don't need' the low-end of the PHL 3001, there's a nice and cheaper alternative: the SM110/N, Beyma's classic 10" midwoofer.

Attachments

• S360 Bass.jpg
    S360 Bass.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 432
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Famous brand in Europe, vast choice, build like tank and good paper material that sounds good but Louis Vuitton prices -made in France-

MarkK tested a little 6" PHL that sounded very good with a 94 db spl and foam surrounds, carbon mushrom, treated paper, can get it anymore with the Internet Wayback machine ! Zaph also had a good input on his blog.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
too pretty to be good :rolleyes:

Would like to hear how a driver is sounding almost an octave below its Fs...Is it the sound of the room or from the recording :confused:.

How about the sound of a driver coupled to a an enclosure from the beginning of its Fs to its end : around its impedance more or less narrow ohm peak ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.